> Program Updates
> Qualified Products
> Test Laboratories
> Test Tools
> Self-Tested Products
> How to Participate
> Industry Benefits
> Operations Bulletins
TRADEMARK LICENSE AGREEMENT
BEFORE VIEWING, DOWNLOADING, TAKING POSSESSION OF OR OTHERWISE USING ANY OF THE MARKS (AS DEFINED BELOW), YOU MUST ACCEPT ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS TRADEMARK LICENSE AGREEMENT (THE "AGREEMENT"). BY CLICKING ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW, YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU WILL BE BOUND BY AND ARE BECOMING A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU ARE AN ENTITY, AND AN INDIVIDUAL IS ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT ON YOUR BEHALF, THEN YOU WILL BE BOUND BY THIS AGREEMENT WHEN THAT INDIVIDUAL CLICKS ON THE "ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW. WHEN THEY DO SO, IT WILL ALSO CONSTITUTE A REPRESENTATION BY THAT INDIVIDUAL THAT S/HE IS AUTHORIZED TO BIND YOU AS A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO ALL OF THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT, CLICK THE "DO NOT ACCEPT" BUTTON BELOW.
This Agreement is a legal agreement between the company, entity or individual that is acquiring a license hereunder ("you" or "Licensee") and GlobalPlatform, Inc., a Delaware corporation, with a place of business at 544 Hillside Road, Redwood City, CA 94062 ("GlobalPlatform"). This Agreement sets forth the terms and conditions for your use of the following GlobalPlatform certification trademarks (as further described below, each individually a "Mark" and collectively the "Marks"):
- GlobalPlatform Qualified Card Mark, for use by smart card providers and certain sublicensees thereof in connection with smart cards that have received and continue to maintain a valid GP Card Qualification (defined below).
- GlobalPlatform Qualified Lab Mark, for use by laboratories that have received and continue to maintain a valid GP Lab Qualification (defined below).
- GlobalPlatform Qualified Tool Mark, for use by test tool vendors in connection with test tools that have received and continue to maintain a valid GP Test Tool Qualification (defined below).
1. DEFINITIONS. As used throughout this Agreement (including the attached Schedules), the following definitions shall apply:
a. "GlobalPlatform Website" means GlobalPlatform's public website currently located at http://www.globalplatform.org, and any successor or replacement website thereto.
b. "GP Card Qualification" means written validation by GlobalPlatform, at or in connection with an applicable GlobalPlatform "Test Fest" event, that a given smart card product has undergone approval tests at such Test Fest and is formally recognized by GlobalPlatform as having satisfactorily demonstrated compliance with the relevant and then current GlobalPlatform specification for the applicable category of smart card product.
c. "GP Lab Qualification" means written accreditation provided by GlobalPlatform to a laboratory indicating that GlobalPlatform formally recognizes such laboratory as having satisfied all of the requirements and conditions for laboratory accreditation for purposes of performing tests of certain types of products submitted for GP Card Qualification under GlobalPlatform's then current laboratory accreditation and reaccreditation processes.
d. "GP Tool Test Qualification" means written validation by GlobalPlatform, at or in connection with an applicable GlobalPlatform "Test Fest" event, that a given test tool is formally recognized by GlobalPlatform as having satisfactorily demonstrated compliance with the relevant and then current GlobalPlatform specification for the applicable category of test tool.
e. "Qualification" means GP Card Qualification, GP Lab Qualification or GP Test Tool Qualification.
f. "Trademark Guidelines" means the GlobalPlatform Qualification Mark Usage Guidelines as amended from time to time by GlobalPlatform in its sole discretion, the current version of which is attached hereto as Schedule B.
3. USAGE OF MARKS.
a. Compliance with Trademark Guidelines. You agree to comply with the Trademark Guidelines. GlobalPlatform may modify the Trademark Guidelines at any time upon written notice to you, which may be given by posting the revised Trademark Guidelines to the GlobalPlatform Website, and may terminate the right to use any of the Marks in accordance with Section 10.
b. Attribution. You agree that any use of a Mark will include an attribution of GlobalPlatform's ownership of the Mark as set forth in the Trademark Guidelines.
c. Communications. If you state or imply to any third party that you or any of your products or services have received a Qualification, you shall make available to such third parties (including your customers) upon request a copy of the corresponding written validation or accreditation letter that you (or your product or service, as applicable) received GlobalPlatform for such Qualification.
4. QUALITY AND COMPLIANCE AUDITS. You recognize and understand the critical importance of GlobalPlatform's right to exercise quality control over your use of the Marks so as to protect the goodwill associated with the Marks. Upon request from GlobalPlatform or its agents, you shall cooperate to demonstrate that your use of the Marks is in compliance with this Agreement and the Trademark Guidelines. Such cooperation shall include prompt submission of representative samples of all variations of materials bearing any Mark, including without limitation, any advertising, promotional materials, documentation or websites displaying a Mark.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH QUALIFICATION. In addition to any requirements set forth in this Agreement (including in the Trademark Guidelines), your right to use the Marks granted herein is subject to (a) your continued satisfaction of all requirements relating to the Qualification for which you use such Marks, (b) your continued compliance with all GlobalPlatform testing policies related to continued maintenance of such Qualification and (c) your continued compliance with the terms and conditions of all agreements between you and GlobalPlatform. You shall at all times during the term of this Agreement satisfy and comply with all such requirements, testing policies and agreements, and comply with the relevant standards on which each of your Qualifications is based. Upon request from GlobalPlatform or its agents, you shall cooperate to demonstrate that your product, laboratory, or test tool (as applicable) is in compliance with the requirements for the applicable Qualification and the relevant standards on which the Qualification is based. Failure to comply with all requirements of a given Qualification (and all related requirements and policies of GlobalPlatform) or the relevant standards on which such Qualifications is based shall entitle GlobalPlatform to revoke your license hereunder with respect to the Mark applicable to the product, laboratory, or test tool that was the subject of such Qualification or standard with which you are no longer in compliance. You hereby represent and warrant that you are a smart card provider, laboratory or test tool vendor that has received a GP Card Qualification, GP Lab Qualification or GP Test Tool Qualification, as applicable.
a. The Marks and all rights therein and goodwill pertaining thereto are owned exclusively by GlobalPlatform. All trademark rights with respect to the Marks resulting from your use of the Marks shall inure solely to the benefit of GlobalPlatform, and GlobalPlatform retains the right to use or to license the Marks for any and all products and services. You, at GlobalPlatform's expense, shall cooperate with GlobalPlatform as reasonably necessary to protect any of GlobalPlatform's rights to the Marks and, should GlobalPlatform choose to register any of the Marks, to register and maintain the registrations of the Marks in all jurisdictions in which the Marks are used in connection with a Qualification, and such cooperation shall include but not be limited to executing all documents reasonably required by GlobalPlatform, and supplying GlobalPlatform with samples of use and other materials reasonably required by GlobalPlatform, for such purposes.
b. During the term of this Agreement, and thereafter, you shall not do any of the following: (i) challenge the validity of any of the Marks or any applications or registrations therefor; (ii) challenge GlobalPlatform's title to or exclusive rights in and to any of the Marks; (iii) challenge the validity of this Agreement; (iv) argue that Licensee's rights granted under this Agreement are any greater than the rights of GlobalPlatform; (v) apply for registration of any of the Marks or any mark, name, logo, or other designation which is confusingly similar to or dilutes the distinctiveness of any of the Marks, including without limitation any use in a company name or domain name; (vi) use or permit others to use any of the Marks or any mark, name, logo, or other designation which is confusingly similar to or dilutes the distinctiveness of any of the Marks in any manner or commit any other act that would jeopardize GlobalPlatform's rights in any of the Marks, including without limitation any use in a company name or domain name; (vii) take any action that is intended to or could have the effect of invalidating any of GlobalPlatform's rights in, registrations for, or applications to register, any of the Marks; (viii) make public statements which disparage GlobalPlatform, the Marks or any specifications, requirements, guidelines, or other materials of GlobalPlatform; or (ix) use the Marks in a manner which would tend to make such Marks generic or merely descriptive.
7. POLICING OF MARKS. In the event that Licensee (including any employee or sublicensee of Licensee) learns of the use of any trademark or service mark similar to any of the Marks, or any potential infringement of or by any of the Marks, Licensee shall promptly notify GlobalPlatform in writing. GlobalPlatform shall have the exclusive right to take any and all actions to enforce its rights against any unauthorized users, including without limitation sending infringement notices and bringing infringement actions. If requested by GlobalPlatform, Licensee shall reasonably cooperate with and assist GlobalPlatform in any such actions at GlobalPlatform's expense, including, in the case of any infringement action, joining or intervening in the action as a party, if necessary. Licensee shall not institute any suit or take any action against a potential infringer or unauthorized user of any of the Marks (except to the extent such potential infringer or unauthorized user is using a Mark in conjunction with any Licensee trademark and such suit or other action is limited to the enforcement by Licensee of only Licensee's trademarks) unless such suit or action is authorized by GlobalPlatform in writing. Any award, or portion of an award, recovered by GlobalPlatform in any such action or proceeding commenced by GlobalPlatform shall belong solely to GlobalPlatform after recovery by GlobalPlatform and Licensee of their respective actual out-of-pocket costs.
8. DISCLAIMERS; INDEMNIFICATION.
a. THE MARKS ARE PROVIDED ON AN "AS IS", 'WHERE IS", BASIS, "WITH ALL FAULTS" KNOWN AND UNKNOWN. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, GLOBALPLATFORM EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE MARKS, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. GLOBALPLATFORM MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WHATSOEVER WITH RESPECT TO THE MARKS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY THAT IT HAS EXCLUSIVE OWNERSHIP RIGHTS IN OR TO ANY OF THE MARKS OR THE POWER OR AUTHORITY TO GRANT THE RIGHTS GRANTED HEREUNDER. LICENSEE HEREBY ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES THAT IT SHALL TAKE NO ACTION AGAINST GLOBALPLATFORM, AND UNCONDITIONALLY RELEASES GLOBALPLATFORM FROM ANY AND ALL LOSSES, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITIES WHICH LICENSEE MAY SUFFER OR INCUR ARISING OUT OF OR RESULTING FROM ANY THIRD PARTY ACTIONS OR CLAIMS, RELATING TO LICENSEE'S USE OF ANY OF THE MARKS.
b. IN NO EVENT WILL GLOBALPLATFORM OR ANY OF ITS MEMBERS, OR ANY OF ITS OR THEIR AFFILIATES, SUBSIDIARIES OR PARENT ENTITIES, OR ANY DIRECTOR, OFFICER, EMPLOYEE, CONTRACTOR, OR AGENT OF ANY OF THE FOREGOING (EACH OF THE FOREGOING, A "GLOBALPLATFORM PARTY" OR COLLECTIVELY, THE "GLOBALPLATFORM PARTIES") BE LIABLE FOR ANY SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS AGREEMENT, ANY MARK OR THE USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS, BUSINESS INTERRUPTION, LOSS OF BUSINESS INFORMATION, OR OTHER MONETARY LOSS, WHETHER OR NOT SUCH GLOBALPLATFORM PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THE LIMITATIONS OF DAMAGES OR LIABILITY SET FORTH IN THIS AGREEMENT ARE FUNDAMENTAL ELEMENTS OF THIS AGREEMENT.
c. Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the GlobalPlatform Parties from and against all losses, costs, damages, claims and other expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) ("Losses") arising out of any claim that a third party intellectual property or other proprietary right is infringed in connection with Licensee's use of the Marks (including use by any sublicensees of Licensee) (each a "Qualification Mark Claim").
d. Licensee agrees to indemnify, defend and hold harmless the GlobalPlatform Parties from all Losses arising from any third party claims relating to the products, services or activities of Licensee or any sublicensee of Licensee.
e. Licensee acknowledges that a Qualification or license to use a Mark does not indicate that any products or test tools are free of defects or will operate properly in all conditions, or that any services (including laboratory services) are free of errors, omissions or other defects, and shall not make any representations inconsistent with the foregoing.
9. TERM. This Agreement shall be effective upon the date you click the "Accept" button below (the "Effective Date") and shall remain in effect for as long as Licensee has a valid Qualification from GlobalPlatform, unless earlier terminated in accordance with Section 10. The term of this Agreement shall automatically expire upon the expiration or termination of all of Licensee's Qualifications.
10. EARLY TERMINATION.
a. Termination without Cause.
(i) By Licensee. Licensee may terminate this Agreement without cause, provided that Licensee has given one hundred twenty (120) days prior written notice to GlobalPlatform of its intent to terminate.
(ii) By GlobalPlatform. GlobalPlatform may terminate this Agreement (a) immediately upon notice without cause if it is discontinuing the business of licensing the Marks and terminating all licenses of the Marks, or (b) by providing Licensee with one hundred twenty (120) days prior written notice of its intent to terminate, such termination to be effective at the end of such one hundred twenty (120) day period.
b. Termination for Cause. Prior to expiration under Section 9, GlobalPlatform or Licensee may terminate this Agreement for cause if the other party materially breaches any term of this Agreement. In addition and without limitation of the foregoing, GlobalPlatform may terminate this Agreement for cause for any one of the following reasons:
(i) Licensee violates or does not comply or cooperate fully with any material terms of this Agreement, including by way of example and without limitation, any requirement of the Trademark Guidelines or any provision of this Agreement relating to ownership, quality control or audits.
(ii) Licensee makes any assignment of assets or business for the benefit of creditors, if a trustee or receiver is appointed to conduct the business or affairs of Licensee, or if Licensee is adjudged in any legal proceeding to be in either a voluntary or involuntary bankruptcy.
(iii) Licensee does not possess a valid GP Card Qualification and is neither a "Full Member" nor a "Participating Member" of GlobalPlatform in "good standing" (as such terms are defined in the GlobalPlatform By-laws).
(iv) Licensee fails to maintain compliance with the relevant standards on which its Qualification is based or any of the requirements for its Qualification, other than as contemplated by Section 10(b)(iii) above.
c. Notice of Termination for Cause. The party claiming a basis for early termination under Section 10(b)(i) or Section 10(b)(iv) shall give the other party thirty (30) days written notice of intent to terminate, and such notice shall state the basis for termination and the effective date of such termination (not to be earlier than the last day of such thirty (30) day notice period). If the party to whom notice of intent to terminate under Section 10(b)(i) was given fails during such thirty (30) day period to cure the condition giving rise to the notice, then such termination shall be effective immediately as of the end of such thirty (30) day period or such later effective date of termination stated such notice of intent to terminate. Termination pursuant to Section 10(b)(ii) or Section 10(b)(iii) shall be effective immediately without any notice required, regardless of whether either party has previously provided to the other party a notice of its intent to terminate the Agreement pursuant to Section 10(b)(i) or 10(b)(ii), and regardless of whether the party receiving such notice has or has attempted to cure the condition that gave rise to such notice. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary herein, if GlobalPlatform provides a notice pursuant to Section 10(b)(iv), then upon such notice and until such time as Licensee has cured the condition giving rise to such notice, Licensee is in compliance with all of the terms of this Agreement and this Agreement is in full force and effect, Licensee shall, at its sole cost and expense: (i) cease all use of the Marks, including without limitation, any electronic display of the Marks, (ii) cause all of its sublicensees to do the same and (iii) not in any manner state or imply that Licensee or any of its products or services have received a Qualification.
d. Termination in Specific Jurisdictions. In the event that (i) there is a Qualification Mark Claim made against GlobalPlatform or Licensee in a specific jurisdiction, (ii) there is a determination in a specific jurisdiction by a court of competent jurisdiction or by another governing authority that GlobalPlatform or Licensee does not have the right to use or enforce one or more of the Marks, (iii) GlobalPlatform reasonably believes that it may be unable to obtain or maintain rights to one or more of the Marks in a specific jurisdiction, or (iv) GlobalPlatform reasonably believes that use of one or more of the Marks in a specific jurisdiction could subject GlobalPlatform to a claim for infringement or any other liability, then GlobalPlatform may notify Licensee in writing that it is terminating or modifying the right to use the relevant Mark(s) in the specific jurisdiction. In the event of a notice of termination or modification based on clause (i) in the first sentence of this Section 10(d), Licensee shall, at its sole cost and expense, stop or modify use of the Mark(s) in accordance with the notice, within the timeframe required by a governmental authority, or within ten (10) days from the date of the notice, whichever is shorter. In the event of a notice of termination or modification based on any of clauses (ii) through (iv) of the first sentence of this Section 10(d), Licensee shall be permitted thirty (30) days from the date of the notice to stop or modify use of the Mark(s) in accordance with the notice, unless GlobalPlatform is required by a governmental authority to act on shorter notice.
11. EFFECT OF EXPIRATION, MODIFICATION AND TERMINATION.
a. Cessation of Use; Modification of Use. Upon expiration of this Agreement under Section 9 or termination under Section 10, Licensee shall cease use of the Marks, including any electronic display of the Marks, in accordance with the timetable set forth below, and cause all of its sublicensees to do the same. Upon modification under this Agreement of the provisions regarding use of the Marks, Licensee shall modify use of the Marks, including any electronic display of the Marks, as instructed by GlobalPlatform, in accordance with the timetable set forth below, and cause any sublicensee to do the same.
b. Phase-Out Periods. In the event of expiration or termination for reasons other than those specified in Section 10(b), Licensee shall, at its sole cost and expense: (i) within ninety (90) days after expiration or termination, dispose of or return to GlobalPlatform (and cause all of its sublicensees to do the same), at GlobalPlatform's discretion, all Marks and copies thereof in its possession or control (including without limitation, Marks displayed on or caused to be displayed by products or other materials which are on hand or in process at the time of such termination), (ii) take all necessary steps to fully wind down its distribution and use of the Marks during such ninety (90) day period (and cause its sublicensees to do the same), and (iii) cease (and cause its sublicensees to cease) all distribution and use of any products or other materials displaying or causing the display of any of the Marks on or before the end of such ninety (90) day period; provided, however, that if at any time during such ninety (90) day period Licensee fails to properly maintain any Qualification then applicable to any of the Marks then used by Licensee, Licensee shall satisfy all of the obligations set forth in preceding clauses (i), (ii) and (iii) on or before the earlier of the end of the aforementioned ninety (90) day period or the date thirty (30) days after failing to maintain such Qualification. In the event of termination for any of the reasons stated in Section 10(b), Licensee shall, at its sole cost and expense, immediately cease (and cause its sublicensees to cease) all distribution and use of any products or other materials displaying or causing the display of any of the Marks, and shall, within thirty (30) days after termination, dispose of or return to GlobalPlatform (and cause all of its sublicensees to do the same), at GlobalPlatform's discretion, all Marks and copies thereof in its possession or control (including without limitation, Marks displayed on or caused to be displayed by products or other materials which are on hand or in process at the time of such termination). Notwithstanding the foregoing, the phase-out periods for termination under Section 10(d) shall be as set forth in such section.
c. Effect of Termination. Subject to use as permitted under Section 11(b) during the phase-out period, all rights granted to Licensee hereunder shall forthwith revert to GlobalPlatform upon the expiration or earlier termination of this Agreement. The provisions of Sections 6, 8, 11 and 16 through 24 shall survive any expiration or termination of this Agreement. Following expiration or earlier termination and any applicable phase-out periods as set forth in Section 10(d) or 11(b), as applicable, Licensee will refrain from further use of the Marks or any mark similar to the Marks, and from further reference to the Marks, direct or indirect.
12. COMPLIANCE WITH LAWS. In performing its obligations under this Agreement, neither party will be required to undertake any activity that would conflict with the requirements of any applicable law, statute, rule, regulation, interpretation, judgment, order or injunction of any governmental authority ("Applicable Law"). Licensee shall take all reasonable steps under the circumstances to ensure that its advertising, promotional materials, documentation, and websites displaying the Marks comply with all Applicable Law. Licensee also agrees that its use of the Marks shall comply with all Applicable Law, including laws specifically relating to the use of trademarks.
13. PUBLICATION. Licensee agrees that GlobalPlatform may publish on its website and in other publications a list of the products and/or service providers that have received Qualifications, and are therefore eligible to use a Mark under this Agreement.
14. RELATIONSHIP OF THE PARTIES. This Agreement creates no agency relationship between the parties hereto, and nothing herein contained shall be construed to place the parties in the relationship of partners or joint venturers, and Licensee shall have no power to obligate or bind GlobalPlatform in any manner whatsoever.
15. ASSIGNMENT, TRANSFER, SUBLICENSE. Licensee may not assign or transfer this Agreement or any right granted hereunder without the prior written consent of GlobalPlatform, and any attempted assignment without consent shall be void. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Licensee may assign this Agreement, including all of its rights and obligations under this Agreement, to any successor of its business that at the time satisfies all of the conditions and requirements for each Qualification then possessed by Licensee; provided, however, that any such assignment will not relieve Licensee of any of its obligations under this Agreement, including but not limited to Licensee's continuing obligations under Section 6(b). Subject to the foregoing restrictions, this Agreement shall be binding upon and shall inure to the benefit of the parties and their successors and assigns.
16. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This Agreement and the Schedules hereto contain the entire agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and all prior proposals, discussions or writings are superseded hereby.
17. NOTICES. Except as otherwise provided herein, all notices to be made hereunder shall be given or made at the respective address of the intended recipient (for GlobalPlatform, as set forth in the preamble to this Agreement; and for Licensee, to the address specified by Licensee in Section 24 below), unless notification of a change of address is given by either party in writing in accordance with this Agreement. Where notices are required to be given in writing, such notices shall be by first-class or equivalent mail service, and the date of mailing shall be deemed the date the notice is given. Notice in writing also may be given by email, provided that a confirming electronic receipt is received by the sender. Notices to GlobalPlatform by email shall be sent to email@example.com, and notices to Licensee by email shall be sent to the email address specified by Licensee in Section 24 below.
18. MODIFICATION, WAIVER. Except for the Schedules attached hereto (including the Trademark Guidelines), which may be amended by GlobalPlatform as set forth in this Agreement, none of the terms of this Agreement may be amended, modified, or supplemented, or provisions hereof waived, except by an express agreement in writing executed (including through an electronic click-through process) by both parties. Any waiver of a breach by either party is not a waiver of any subsequent or other breach. The failure of either party hereto to enforce, or the delay by either party in enforcing, any of its rights under this Agreement, shall not be deemed a continuing waiver or a modification thereof and either party may, within the time provided by applicable law, commence appropriate legal proceedings to enforce any or all of such rights. No person, firm, group or corporation other than Licensee and GlobalPlatform shall be deemed to have acquired any rights by reason of anything contained in this Agreement.
19. SEVERABILITY. If any provision of this Agreement or portion thereof should be declared invalid for any reason, the invalid provision or portion thereof shall be deemed omitted and the remaining terms shall nevertheless be carried into effect.
20. CERTAIN CONSTRUCTION RULES. The Section headings used in this Agreement are for convenience of reference only and in no way define, limit, extend or describe the scope or intent of any provisions of this Agreement. In addition, as used in this Agreement, unless otherwise expressly stated to the contrary, all references to days, months or years are references to calendar days, months or years, and any reference to a "section" or "schedule" is a reference to a Section of this Agreement or a schedule attached to this Agreement. A reference to a Section by number includes all subparagraphs contained in the Section.
21. INCONSISTENCIES. To the extent that the provisions of this Agreement and its schedules are inconsistent, the provisions of this Agreement will govern and control.
22. CHOICE OF LAW. The laws of the State of Delaware, United States of America, shall govern the enforceability, construction, interpretation, and validity of this Agreement, without regard to the principle of conflicts of law. Any action or any dispute arising out of this Agreement shall be tried in Wilmington, Delaware, and the parties consent to the jurisdiction of the state and federal courts therein.
23. GLOBALPLATFORM'S REMEDIES.
a. Licensee acknowledges that its failure to comply with the terms of this Agreement, including, but not limited to, Licensee's duties after expiration or termination of this Agreement, may result in immediate and irreparable damage to GlobalPlatform, and GlobalPlatform may seek equitable relief by way of temporary and permanent injunction and such other further relief as any court with jurisdiction may grant or deem just and proper.
b. Resort to any remedies referred to herein shall not be construed as a waiver of any other rights and remedies to which GlobalPlatform may be entitled under this Agreement or otherwise, including, but not limited to, remedies under the federal Lanham Trademark Act and equivalent statutes or laws in other jurisdictions.
24. REQUIRED INFORMATION AND ACCEPTANCE. Please complete the required information fields below: