To develop specifications that enable collaborative and open
ecosystems where digital services and devices can be trusted and managed
securely while privacy is supported.
To create fully collaborative and open ecosystems in which all
stakeholders can efficiently deliver innovative digital services, while
providing greater security, privacy, simplicity and convenience for user.
Our Guiding Principles
- To maintain the stability of specifications and configurations
while addressing new and evolving market requirements.
- To provide a security architecture with flexibility to support
different market requirements on the same secure component.
- To remain form factor and network agnostic and allow
implementation on a wide range of devices.
- To develop and maintain a certification program, allowing
stakeholders to verify product adherence to the organization’s
- To develop materials that educate how GlobalPlatform
Specifications can support the delivery of digital services in different
markets for consumer and industrial use cases.
- To host technical trainings and business seminars that equip
stakeholders with the knowledge to accelerate deployment of solutions
based on GlobalPlatform technology.
- To promote GlobalPlatform’s vision, mission and its position
as a leading member-driven industry body.
- To deliver a communications program that reinforces
GlobalPlatform’s value proposition across stakeholders, market
sectors, and geographies.
- To retain and grow a unique and active membership base, which has
representation from across the entire technology ecosystem and which
brings together expertise from multiple markets.